3 steps for linking the product pages of your website to the points of your mapTutorials - April 12, 2017
You show your building programmes on your website in detailed and illustrated product pages. Let’s imagine that you need to highlight these building programmes on a map. No need to start over.
It suffices to use our feature for opening a personalized link when you click on a marker. Indeed, when a visitor clicks on a point of your map, the webpage of your real estate product is displayed in his browser and gives him all the details he needs. A product sheet but outside the map.
Only 3 steps and you can link the product pages of your website to the points of your map.
1- Create a map
First, open the editor and in the Add menu, create a new Map.
Fill in the different information: Title, Description... Center the map on the area you need.
2- Import your products
Before the import of your Excel file in the editor, check if it’s in accordance with the import terms of Click2Map. It means:
- It contains the following columns:
- Title of the product: the title is important because, even if it is not displayed on the map, it will be visible in the map caption
- ID: a unique ID. It will allow you to import again your file, with updated information, without creating duplicated markers on the map. The editor will just update the existing points
- Address: the full address or a separated address into different columns with the street address, the zip code, the state, the city and the country
- The URL of the product page on your website
- Group: if you need to organize your points into categories to make the map caption easier to read
- It is a .CSV file. An Excel file can be converted easily.
Then, kindly go to the editor, in the Add menu > Import. Follow the different steps of the import process and confirm.
Tips: if you need to open the URL in a new window of your browser, use the bulk operations (Tools menu) and choose “Change Web link”. Check the “Open link in new window” box. Confirm.
3- Embed the map in your website
The only thing left is to embed your map into your website. In the web Click2Map editor, click on the Publish menu > The widget on Click2Map’s servers.
The editor provides you a HTML code which can be copied-pasted in a webpage of your website.
It’s done! Your map is available for the visitors of your website. As soon as they will click on a point, they will be redirected on the concerned product page.
Now, it’s your turn to create a personalized map!